ResCom Support - Connect Your Xbox 360
To connect your Xbox 360 to the UWEC network, you must register its Media Access Control Address (or MAC Address) with the university. Every device that connects to a network has an individual MAC Address. This address uniquely identifies your device from all other devices.
First, you must find out what your Xbox 360's MAC Address is. To find the MAC Address, use the following steps:
- Turn on your Xbox 360 without a disk in the tray.
- Go to the "System" area of the Xbox Dashboard and select "Network Settings."
- Select "Edit Settings."
- From "Additional Settings," select "Advanced Settings."
- At the bottom of this screen you'll see a heading called Wired MAC Address. Your MAC Address is the 12-digit sequence of alphanumeric characters.
- Write down the MAC Address exactly as it is displayed.
Now that you have the MAC Address, you must register it with the university's network:
- On a computer connected to the internet, open up a web browser.
- Go to https://networking.uwec.edu/
- Login with your UWEC username and password.
- Click Register MAC.
- In the "Enter the MAC address to be registered" blank, enter the MAC Address from your Xbox 360 exactly as it was displayed.
- Review the Network Usage Guidelines and click "I agree to the guidelines, register this device."
- After you see the registration success message, fully restart your Xbox 360.
You should now be able to get online with your Xbox 360.
Please note that ResCom strongly recommends using a wired Ethernet connection for gaming consoles. Consoles have a tendency to perform much poorer on wireless connections.